“I opened my practice, Powers Medical, in 1994 after finishing my family practice residency here in Colorado Springs. Powers Medical developed into an integrative family practice where I treated many patients with chronic illnesses such chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, endocrine problems, and other chronic health problems. I never wanted to have to say to a patient that there was nothing else I could do for them. We used nutrition, aromatherapy, bioequivalent hormonal therapy, osteopathic manipulative therapy, microcurrent therapy, and intentional healing.
In February 2017, we merged our practice with Centura’s Colorado Health Physicians Group (CHPG). In October 2017, I left CHPG and retired from routine family practice medicine. I am leaving a wonderful group of patients that I will miss serving. I am very grateful for the things I have learned in my practice of medicine and especially for all the things that my patients have taught me. I also thank the physician community at large for all the support and mutual care provided to me and my patients. Thanks also to my many employees and their hard work. Especially, I thank my wonderful wife for her unending support. I have accepted a position to teach osteopathic manipulative therapy at Rocky Vista University’s new branch campus at Ivins, Utah near St. George, Utah. The side effect of living in Ivins is a much shorter trip to see our grandkids.”
— Dr. Keith Bodrero
What I have learned:
- Everyone deserves to be listened to.
- Everyone deserves compassion.
- Love is the great healer, it heals ourselves and others.
- God is our ultimate healer. Listen to Him and seek His assistance.
- Service is the life blood of happiness, go do some good for the world.
- Health is a do-it-yourself endeavor, but we all benefit from good advice and assistance. View healing as a participatory sport.
- Building health is easier and more rewarding than fighting disease.
- You can heal yourself. Intention is powerful. Energy heals.
- Your expressions of gratitude make it all worthwhile.
- Good office staff makes it all work well.
- I am totally grateful to Sandra, my wife, who has supported me and assisted me in so many ways.
- Thank you for teaching us and allowing us to be of service to you.